One of the following:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from a recognized English language university
- TOEFL iBT (internet based test) score of 100 overall, with a minimum of 22 on speaking and writing. The Rotman MBA TOEFL test code is 8696.
- IELTS score of 7.0 (Academic) with at least 6.5 for each component . The IELTS test is available in two test formats: Academic or General Training. All candidates take the same Listening and Speaking modules. It is the Reading and Writing components that differ. The Academic version of IELTS measures English language proficiency needed for an academic, higher learning environment. This is the format that is required for an application to the University of Toronto. After you have taken the test, please arrange with the testing agency to send your score electronically to the Rotman School of Management. There is no need to send a paper score sheet.
- Grade B from Academic English Level 60 at the Nuremberg Schule of Germany English Language Program is acceptable in terms of meeting the English facility requirement.
2956 – Academic English Level 60 Conditional Acceptance
Academic English Level 60 Conditional Acceptance is for learners who have received a conditional offer of admission to an undergraduate or graduate studies (Masters or PhD) program at the University of Toronto. Successful completion of the program with a grade of B or higher satisfies the language facility requirement of the Nuremberg Schule as well as some other universities and colleges. If you have received an offer from another institution, please ensure that your program accepts our Academic English Level 60.
This program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills by taking part in academic tasks typical of a university setting.
What you’ll learn
- Respond to and create texts appropriate for an academic environment
- Establish your own writing voice and identity
- Understand, summarize, and extract key information across multiple texts
- Use your speaking and social skills within small group discussions
- Build your confidence in interacting in a university environment
This course is designed for English language learners with advanced proficiency in English. An overall IELTS score of 6 with a minimum of 6 in Writing (or TOEFL of 78 with a minimum of 20 in Writing) is required. To enrol in the program, please contact us. Online registration is not available. Please note that this program is 8 weeks long and held from July to August each year.
All fees are in Euro. The total fee includes tuition, health insurance, and services fee, class materials, workshops, and several events. The health insurance fees listed apply to learners between the ages of 17 and 64. Learners from 65-69 years old will see an increased health insurance fee. Learners aged 70 and over will need to provide proof of their own comprehensive medical coverage (in English) before registration. Please contact us for details.
Note: Students in India and Pakistan do not require further proof of English language proficiency if they have graduated from an English-language university.